The Marketing department supports the MFA’s audience building efforts and monitors MFA attendance trends as they relate to other cultural institutions and to the Museum’s own strategic goals. By learning more about current and potential visitors, the department provides the Museum with information to encourage a broader audience to engage in the MFA, whether through visiting for the first time, becoming a member, browsing the Web site, or anticipating the next exciting or intriguing exhibition.
The Marketing Department Intern reports to the Digital Marketing Coordinator and works closely with the entire Marketing team. Through a variety of tasks and projects, the internship provides an excellent opportunity for gaining an overview of the host of initiatives and projects that the Marketing Department manages.
Hours and days can be flexible but would comprise approximately 15-20 hours per week.
• Organize wrap up reports detailing all marketing efforts for each exhibition
• Learn about advertising budgets and help track spending and invoices
• Coordinate the MFA Acoustic Sessions, a concert series in the galleries and help manage on the day of the event
• Organize links and images for Facebook and Twitter content
• Research and compile databases for mailing and outreach campaigns, assist with small weekly mailings
• Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries
• Join monthly Marketing Department meetings and weekly meetings as available
• An interest in marketing and museums
• Enrolled in or recent completion of a marketing, public relations or communications related bachelors degree program
• Excellent writing and organizational skills
• Keen attention to detail and accuracy
• Computer skills including Microsoft Office
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently
• Ability to commit to 15-20 hours per week through mid April (hours/days are flexible within M-F, 9a-5p framework)
• Ability to attend orientation on either Wed, Jan 8 (10 am or 6 pm); Wed, Jan 22 (6 pm); or Wed, Feb 5 (10 am or 6 pm)