Join us as the Patron Program highlights the curatorial staff of Art of the Ancient World in this next installment in our popular Close Up series. The MFA’s collection of Art of the Ancient World is among the richest in the world, containing more than 85,000 antiquities that range in date from 6500 BC to AD 600.
Learn more about the curators behind these extraordinary collections (including their favorite object!):
- Rita Freed, John F. Cogan, Jr. and Mary L. Cornille Chair, Art of the Ancient World
- Lawrence Berman, Norma Jean Calderwood Senior Curator of Ancient Egyptian, Nubian, and Near Eastern Art
- Christine Kondoleon, George D. and Margo Behrakis Senior Curator of Greek and Roman Art
- Denise Doxey, Curator, Ancient Egyptian, Nubian, and Near Eastern Art
- Phoebe Segal, Mary Bryce Comstock Curator of Greek and Roman Art