Are you interested in working as a Teen Arts Council member at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston?
The Teen Arts Council (TAC) is a leadership development program using the apprenticeship model for a group of teenagers that serves to connect the MFA with Greater Boston’s teens, families and communities. In paid positions, the TAC members are introduced to a wide range of museum professions and learning opportunities while also gaining valuable work experience. Throughout the year, TAC members have the opportunity to work on a variety of activities such as creating and producing teen-focused events, greeting and giving information to Museum visitors and creating wall labels to accompany the Museum’s art collections. They also attend workshops and training sessions designed to develop their creative and critical thinking skills.
During the school year (Oct-June): Wednesdays, 4–7 PM
Summer (July-Aug): The TAC runs for 6-7 weeks (please contact us for details)
The MFA TAC is looking for teens (age 15–18) who:
- Mix it up: are interested in being challenged in the arts and the creative process.
- Want to know what’s up: are interested and curious in learning more about art, culture, society and the MFA.
- Can produce: are motivated to work in a diverse team, show up on time and willing to work hard to get the job done.
- Can deliver: have experience or interested in performance art, dance, theater, music, public speaking or visual communication.
- Got something to say: know their voice counts, and are not afraid to use it.
Contact: Email: email@example.com | Phone: 617-369-4359