Object Place: Boston, Massachusetts
Buhler, 1972, No. 24
Overall: 11.4 x 9 cm (4 1/2 x 3 9/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
slightly flaring lip, cylindrical sides, vertical gadrooning on curved section above very slightly stepped base encircled by molded baseband. Center point on bottom, between initials.
Engraved on bottom: the: gifft / of / [pellet]E[pellet]B[pellet] / -
ID fleur-de-lis below in heart on side
Probably Edward Brattle (1670-1619), a founder of the Brattle St. Church; following the dissolution of the church, the silver was given to the Museum in 1913 by the Benevolent Fraternity of Churches.
Gift of the Benevolent Fraternity of Churches