Object Place: Middle East, Byzantine
Height x diameter: 9.8 × 21.3 cm (3 7/8 × 8 3/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Light red clay, yellow lead glaze streaked with brown. Incised lines in groups on inside and edge. Wavy line on outside of edge. Mended.
Oval paper label on underside with 'P 16 E'
Between 1910 and 1914, excavated at Sardis, under the auspices of the American Society for the Excavation of Sardis, by Harold Wilmerding Bell (b. 1885 - d. 1947), Boston [see note]; 1942, gift of Harold W. Bell to the MFA. (Accession Date: February 14, 1942)
NOTE: First lent to the MFA in 1915.
Gift of Harold W. Bell