Object Place: Middle East, Byzantine
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Light red clay, light yellow lead glaze somewhat corroded. Incised lines and leaf forms. Mended and restored.
Between 1910 and 1914, excavated at Sardis, under the auspices of the American Society for the Excavation of Sardis, by Harold Wilmerding Bell (b. 1885 - d. 1947), Boston [see note]; 1942, gift of Harold W. Bell to the MFA. (Accession Date: February 14, 1942)
NOTE: First lent to the MFA in 1915.
Gift of Harold W. Bell