Manufactured by Stefano Johnson Stabilimento S.p.A. (founded in 1868)
Diameter and weight: 38 mm, 12.9 gm (1 1/2 in., 0.46 oz.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Circular medal of Campanile (bell tower). Hanging loop attached at top and ring.
Obverse: Campanile at center, flanked by one angel blowing a trumpet on each side; inscribed at proper right “*14*/ LVGLIO/ 1902” and at proper left “*25*/ APRILE/ 1912” and on a banderola at bottom “POST·FATA·RESVRGO”.
Reverse: View of Campanile (bell tower) and Doge’s Palace from the water; the Lion of Saint Mark’s in the sky; inscribed at edge “VENEZIA·AL·SVONO·DELL·ANTICA·SQVILLA·ESVLTA”.
Obverse: Inscribed at proper right "*14*/ LVGLIO/ 1902" and at proper left "*25*/ APRILE/ 1912" and on a banderola at bottom "POST·FATA·RESVRGO".
Reverse: Inscribed at edge "VENEZIA·AL·SVONO·DELL·ANTICA·SQVILLA·ESVLTA".
By 1912, Major Henry Lee Higginson; 1912, gift of Major Henry Lee Higginson to the MFA. (Accession Date: September 5, 1912)
Gift of Major Henry Lee Higginson