Candlestick, one of a pair
Object Place: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Buhler, 1972, No. 522
7.3 cm (2 7/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
The Richardson brothers came from a long line of Philadelphia silversmiths and inherited their father’s workshop, in 1777. They formed these impressive Neoclassical candlesticks in the shape of Roman Doric columns.
Descended in the family to Dr. George Clymer.
Gift of Mrs. George Clymer in memory of her husband, Dr. George Clymer