Cartouche-shaped plaque from a foundation deposit
Late Period, Dynasty 26, reign of Apries
Findspot: Egypt, Abydos, Temple of Osiris
Height x width: 3.9 x 2 cm (1 9/16 x 13/16 in.)
Not On View
Green glazed, cartouche-shaped plaque, inscribed on both sides with the name of Apries.
From Abydos, Osiris Temple. 1902: excavated by William Matthew Flinders for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the Egypt Exploration Fund in the division of finds by the government of Egypt, received by the MFA through subscription to the Egypt Exploration Fund.
(Accession Date: November 17, 1902)
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription