Object Place: Cauca and Magdalena River Valleys, Department of Quindío, Colombia
1.2 x 2 x 2 cm (1/2 x 13/16 x 13/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Hammered gold adornment with embossed edges and a single perforation for suspension. A thin gold wire is attached to the inside of the cone area and extends beyond the depth of the cone.
Collected by Joaquin Arciniégas, Colombia, by March 1, 1906 (to San José, Costa Rica by May 23, 1908; to San Salvador, El Salvador by June 19, 1916); sold to Doctor Daniel Villatoro Rugama, San Salvador, El Salvador, August 6, 1929; sold to Oliverio Girondo, Paris, January 10, 1930 (to Argentina probably after 1946); with Leon Buki, Buenos Aires, Argentina by January 2, 1975; with Alphonse Jax, New York, by February 1975; to Landon T. Clay, Boston; to MFA, March 12, 1975, gift.
Gift of Landon T. Clay