Object Place: Cauca and Magdalena River Valleys, Department of Quindío, Colombia
1.5 x 3.5 cm (9/16 x 1 3/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Cone-shaped ornament with embossed geometric designs and two small suspension holes pierced at the object’s edge opposite each other.
Collected by Joaquin Arciniégas, Colombia, by March 1, 1906 (to San José, Costa Rica by May 23, 1908; to San Salvador, El Salvador by June 19, 1916); sold to Doctor Daniel Villatoro Rugama, San Salvador, El Salvador, August 6, 1929; sold to Oliverio Girondo, Paris, January 10, 1930 (to Argentina probably after 1946); with Leon Buki, Buenos Aires, Argentina by January 2, 1975; with Alphonse Jax, New York, by February 1975; to Landon T. Clay, Boston; to MFA, March 12, 1975, gift.
Gift of Landon T. Clay