Greek or Italic
about 7th century B.C.
Greek, Etruscan, & Roman Bronzes (MFA), no. 215; Sculpture in Stone and Bronze (MFA), p. 122 (additional published references).
Length: 6.6 cm (2 5/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Two rams’ heads with large horns are attached either end of the body. There is a loop in the center of the body, with remains of an iron suspension ring. Earthy, light green patina.
Other such two-headed rams have been found in Delphi, Olympia, and Gela in Sicily.
By date unknown: Mrs. Edward Jackson Holmes Collection; gift of Mrs. Edward Jackson Holmes to MFA, February 11, 1952
Gift of Mrs. Edward Jackson Holmes