Fragment of a dish
Object Place: Middle East, Byzantine
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Red clay, thin, cream glaze with streaks of green and orange. Sgraffito lines in center and on edge filled with brown.
Between 1910 and 1914, excavated at Sardis, under the auspices of the American Society for the Excavation of Sardis, by Harold Wilmerding Bell (b. 1885 - d. 1947), Boston [see note]; 1942, gift of Harold W. Bell to the MFA. (Accession Date: February 14, 1942)
NOTE: First lent to the MFA in 1915.
Gift of Harold W. Bell