Fragment of a dish
Object Place: Middle East, Byzantine
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Fine pinkish clay, yellow lead glaze, streaked with green on inside, with sgraffito decoration, part of a bird? and rosette. End mended.
Between 1910 and 1914, excavated at Sardis, under the auspices of the American Society for the Excavation of Sardis, by Harold Wilmerding Bell (b. 1885 - d. 1947), Boston [see note]; 1942, gift of Harold W. Bell to the MFA. (Accession Date: February 14, 1942)
NOTE: First lent to the MFA in 1915.
Gift of Harold W. Bell