Fragment of a dish
Object Place: Middle East, Byzantine
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Fine red clay, dull orange lead glaze, sgraffito bird. Incised lines on outside.
Between 1910 and 1914, excavated at Sardis, under the auspices of the American Society for the Excavation of Sardis, by Harold Wilmerding Bell (b. 1885 - d. 1947), Boston [see note]; 1942, gift of Harold W. Bell to the MFA. (Accession Date: February 14, 1942)
NOTE: First lent to the MFA in 1915.
Gift of Harold W. Bell