Object Place: Magdalena Department, Colombia, Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta region
1.5 x 0.8 cm (9/16 x 5/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Gold and copper alloy
Not On View
Geometric anthropomorphic form with incised decoration. Ring on back allows for stringing on a necklace. One of a group of alloy pendants (1971.813-1971.817).
After about 1930, excavated in the Sitio Conte area, Coclé Province, Panama. Between about 1950 and 1955, acquired from a private collection, San Jose, Costa Rica by Paul Pasher and, about 1955, entrusted by him to Manuel Miranda Pinto, San Salvador, El Salvador; April 1970, returned by Manuel Miranda Pinto to Paul Pasher, New York; 1970, sold by Paul Pasher to the Edward H. Merrin Gallery, New York; 1971, sold by Merrin Gallery to the MFA. (Accession Date: December 8, 1971)
NOTE: Before acquiring Paul Pasher's collection of Panamanian gold (accession nos. 1971.783-1971.1129 and 1972.940-1972.944) the MFA contacted the National Commission on Historical Archaeology and Monuments, Panama; the president of the Commission responded that no objections were raised to the acquisition.
Museum purchase with funds donated by Landon T. Clay