Half of a flower plaque
Near Eastern, Levantine, Syrian
13th century B.C.–beginning of 12th century
Findspot: Syria, Tell Fakhariyah, Floor 6 of Sounding IX
Width x length: 2.5 x 4 cm (1 x 1 9/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Ivory flower plaque. The left-half of the flower is present, with a down-curving perianth growing from a triangular base. The tendril and half of the central lobe are above. It is a tri-partite pendent from the corner of a volute. Details are incised. The surface is cracked at the bottom.
Findspot Information: Soundings at Tell Fakhariyah. From Floor 6 of Sounding IX (p. 66, no. 21; pl. 60:21) / [Exped. date:] 1940.
Gift of the Marriner Memorial Syrian Expedition