Half of a Hathor plaque
Near Eastern, Levantine, Syrian
13th century B.C.–beginning of 12th century
Findspot: Syria, Tell Fakhariyah, Floor 6 of Sounding IX
Width x length: 2.8 x 5 cm (1 1/8 x 1 15/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Left half of an ivory Hathor head plaque. It is a female head with curling locks and cow ears. Details are incised. The surface is cracked in some areas.
Findspot Information: Soundings at Tell Fakhariyah. From Floor 6 of Sounding IX (p. 67, no. 4; pl. 62:4) / [Exped. date:] 1940.
Gift of the Marriner Memorial Syrian Expedition