Ishibe: Megawa Village (Ishibe, Megawa no sato), from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 石部 目川ノ里」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.52
Horizontal ôban; 24 x 37.2 cm (9 7/16 x 14 5/8 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 52 in the series.
MFA impressions: 11.26136, 11.30172, 11.30202, 11.38865, 21.5081, 21.5082, RES.53.151, 2009.2411.52
Censor's seal: kiwame
February 1913, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding from J. Clarence Webster; December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection