Ishiyakushi: Ishiyakushi Temple (Ishiyakushi, Ishiyakushi-ji), from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 石薬師 石薬師寺」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.45
Horizontal ôban; 24.3 x 37 cm (9 9/16 x 14 9/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 45 in the series.
MFA impressions: 06.1497, 11.1939, 11.23101, 11.25069, 11.30168, 11.30199, *11.45570 (deaccessioned in 2012), 21.5074, 2009.2411.45
Censor's seal: kiwame
February 1913, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding from J. Clarence Webster; December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection