Kanaya: The Far Bank of the Ôi River (Kanaya, Ôigawa engan), from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 金谷 大井川遠岸」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.25
Horizontal ôban; 25.2 x 37 cm (9 15/16 x 14 9/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 25 in the series.
MFA impressions: 11.2174, 11.26118, 11.38895, 11.38896, 21.5038, 21.5039, 2009.2411.25
Deaccessioned in 2012: *11.17303, *11.17304, *11.17305, *11.41830
Censor's seal: kiwame
Between 1906 and 1909, acquired by Mr. and Mrs. John Osgood (Elizabeth Cameron) Blanchard in Japan; April 1916, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding at Blanchard sale, American Art Galleries, New York; December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection