Kanaya: The Far Bank of the Ôi River (Kanaya, Ôigawa engan), from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 金谷 大井川遠岸」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.25
Horizontal ôban; 25.5 x 37.5 cm (10 1/16 x 14 3/4 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 25 in the series.
MFA impressions: 11.2174, 11.26118, 11.38895, 11.38896, 21.5038, 21.5039, 2009.2411.25
Deaccessioned in 2012: *11.17303, *11.17304, *11.17305, *11.41830
Censor's seal: kiwame
August 1916, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding from Frank Lloyd Wright; December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection