Kawasaki: The Rokugô Ferry (Kawasaki, Rokugô watashibune), first version, from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô Road (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 川崎 六郷渡船」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.03
Horizontal ôban; 24 x 36.3 cm (9 7/16 x 14 5/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 03 in the series, first version; co-published by Hôeidô and Senkakudô.
First version: 06.1342, 11.2154, 11.23081, 11.30186, 11.38937, 11.41823, 21.5092, 21.5095, 2009.2411.3; deaccessioned in 2012: *11.17431 (creped)
Second version: 11.26099, 21.5093, 21.5094; deaccessioned in 2012: *11.17419, *11.17420, *11.17421
Censor's seal: (kiwame; in left margin, cut off of this impression)
August 1919, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding from Frederick W. Gookin; December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection