Requires Photography

Medal

German (Augsburg)
19th or early 20th century


Object Place: Augsburg

Dimensions

Diameter and weight: 40 mm (1 9/16 in.)

Accession Number

24.244

Medium or Technique

Metal; white metal

Not On View

Collections

Europe

Classifications

Medals

Circular medal of the Rathhaus.

Obverse: Façade of building; inscribed at edge, below and in exergue.

Reverse: Inscribed.

Inscription

Obverse: Inscribed at edge "RATHHAUS IN AUGSBURG", below "[BAR]AUSCH F", and in exergue "[ ]EUSS DIR".

Reverse: Inscribed "UNTER/D.STADTPFLEGERN/JOH.JAC.REMBOLD/UND/HIERONYMUS IMHOFF/WURD D.GRUND Z DIESEM/PRACHT-BAU GELEGT/D.25.AUG.1615/---/D.BAU WURDE AUSGEFÜHRT/UND VOLLENDET 1620/VON/ELIAS HOLL/STADT-WERKMEISTER,/GEB.D.28.FEB.1576./GEST.D.11.APR.1617".

Provenance

By 1924, Dudley Leavitt Pickman; 1924, given by Dudley Leavitt Pickman to MFA. (Accession Date: May 1, 1924)

Credit Line

Gift of Dudley Leavitt Pickman