Tiffany & Co. (American, active 1837–present)
Object Place: New York, New York, United States
Overall: 30.8 x 21.6 cm (12 1/8 x 8 1/2 in.) Other: 14.5cm (5 11/16in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
This slightly tapered cylindrical form, made from soldered sheets and perhaps a spun bottom, is richly ornamented with a bouquet of various flowers in repoussé. Divided into three sections. The upper section, which encompasses the spout, is topped by an unornamented band at the rim, with a wide band of floral decoration and a gadrooned band below. A wider band of floral decoration defines the center section. The lower section has vertical leaf decorations and a slightly flaring applied foot with foliate sprays. The double-scroll handle with foliate accents was cast.
"TIFFANY & CO / 6015 MAKERS 2128 / STERLING-SILVER / 925-1000 / M" on bottom. "492" and "42/14" scratched on bottom.
Original owner unknown; about 1910. acquired by Mr. and Mrs. Samuel D. Saxe; 1970, inherited by their daughter, Eleanor Saxe Glassman; 1990, given to the Museum by Eleanor Saxe Glassman and her husband, Joel Glassman, in memory of her parents (Accession Date, January 23, 1991)
Gift of Mr. and Mrs. Joel Glassman in memory of Parents, Mr. and Mrs. Samuel D. Saxe