Attributed to Nainsukh (Indian, about 1710–1778)
Object Place: Jasrota, Punjab Hills, Northern India
Overall: 20.5 x 27.2 cm (8 1/16 x 10 11/16 in.) Framed: 16 3/4 x 20 3/4 in. (42.5 x 52.7 cm)
Medium or Technique
Opaque watercolor on paper
Not On View
Reverse: On the top left some calculations in devanagari script and number "7" probably in hand of Bahadur Shah; Also on top "sri samvat 1951, akr chandre nandapure (nandapure is a village where rajas of Guler came from, in auspicious year 1951, 14th month of Agre, probably done in commemoration of some event on 14th). A doha in sanskrit follows.
By 1916, purchased in India by Ananda K. Coomaraswamy (b. 1887 - d. 1947); 1917, sold by Ananda K. Coomaraswamy to Denman Waldo Ross (b. 1853 - d. 1935), Cambridge, MA; 1917, given by Denman Waldo Ross to the MFA. (Accession date: April 5, 1917)