Giuseppe Niccolò Rossigliani, called Niccolò Vicentino (Italian, active about 1510–1550), After Giovanni Antonio de Sachis, called "Il Pordenone" (Italian, about 1484–1539), Formerly attributed to Ugo da Carpi (Italian, active about 1502–1532), Formerly thought to be after Parmigianino (Girolamo Francesco Maria Mazzola) (Italian, 1503–1540)
Bartsch XII.125.27, indeterminate state (the lower part of the print is trimmed off)(probably ii/ii, as the arm of the scales prints without the dark block (compare to 64.1110 and 64.1113))
Sheet: 26.8 x 42 cm (10 9/16 x 16 9/16 in.)(trimmed into the image)
Medium or Technique
Chiaroscuro woodcut printed from four blocks, in four shades of red-brown
Not On View
See drawing at Chatsworth by Pordenone.
After facade of Palazzo d’Anna, Venice, frescoed by Pordenone about 1533.
Verso, upper right, stamped in brown ink, the mark of the MFA W.G. Russell Allen Bequest (Lugt 3593)
W.G. Russell Allen, Boston (1882-1955); his bequest to the MFA September 23, 1964
Bequest of W. G. Russell Allen