Shimada: The Suruga Bank of the Ôi River (Shimada, Ôigawa Sungan), from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô Road (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 嶋田 大井川峻岸」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.24
Horizontal ôban; 25.1 x 37.4 cm (9 7/8 x 14 3/4 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 24 in the series.
MFA impressions: 06.889, 11.1887, 11.26117, 11.38897, 11.38898, 11.38899, 11.38900, 21.5036, 21.5037, 2009.2411.24
Deaccessioned in 2012: *11.17306 (creped), *11.17307, *11.17308, *11.23092
Censor's seal: kiwame
February 1913, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding from J. Clarence Webster Collection (Blanchard sale); December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection