Collinson & Lock (English (London), active 1870–1897)
Object Place: Europe, England
74 x 51.1 x 91 cm (29 1/8 x 20 1/8 x 35 13/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Rectangular table with four eared corners extending into legs. Top has ivory floral pattern border. Side panels outlined with ivory inlay; central front drawer inlaid with ivory bowl of fruit, birds and leafy foliate scrolls. Top half of legs inlaid with ivory grotesques incorporating herm busts; curvalinear outlined with ivory inlay. Below stretcher, feet are tapered and fluted under spirally fluted sections. Rosewood and ivory.
By 1986, Richard Milhender, Boston; 1988, purchased by the MFA.
Gift of Mrs. Frederick T. Bradbury, S. Richard Fuller in memory of his Wife, Lucy Derby Fuller, John L. Gardner, Mrs. E. S. Hinds, Edward Jackson Holmes Collection, John Pickering Lyman Collection, Mrs. Guy Murchie, Mr. And Mrs. Harold A. Pitman, Denman Waldo Ross Collection, Roy Sutherland, Swan Collection, Bequest of Miss Elizabeth Howard Bartol, Gift in memory of Mrs. Homer B. Richardson (thru Mesdames John Harper and A. Clark Woodard), Bequest of Miss Ellen Starkey Bates, Bequest of Mrs. James T. Fields, Gift of the Estate of Mrs. T. C. Williams, by exchange, and Harriet Otis Cruft Fund and Gift of Richard Milhender