Staff effigy with two birds
Object Place: Departments of Cundinamarca and Boyacá, Colombia
5.08 cm (2 in.)
Medium or Technique
Gold and copper alloy
Not On View
Staff effigy composed of two opposed, elongated triangles connected by a thin rod. Two birds face the vertical connecting rod, and single curled wires decorate the lower edge of the upper triangle.
Collected by Joaquin Arciniégas, Colombia, by March 1, 1906 (to San José, Costa Rica by May 23, 1908; to San Salvador, El Salvador by June 19, 1916); sold to Doctor Daniel Villatoro Rugama, San Salvador, El Salvador, August 6, 1929; sold to Oliverio Girondo, Paris, January 10, 1930 (to Argentina probably after 1946); with Leon Buki, Buenos Aires, Argentina by January 2, 1975; with Alphonse Jax, New York, by February 1975; to Landon T. Clay, Boston; to MFA, March 12, 1975, gift.
Gift of Landon T. Clay