Statuette of two priests bearing a naos of Harpokrates
Hellenistic Period (Ptolemaic dynasty)–Roman Imperial Period
100 B.C.–A.D. 100
Height x width x depth: 15 x 7.5 x 4 cm (5 7/8 x 2 15/16 x 1 9/16 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Terracotta statuette of two priests carrying a shrine. In the shrine is the god Harpokrates with sidelock, his finger to his mouth.
1874-1940: The Charterhouse Collection, Godalming, Surrey; November 5, 2002: London sale, Sotheby's, The Charterhouse Collection, lot 128, purchased by John and Judy Ambrose; December 12, 2003, given to the MFA by John and Judy Ambrose.
Gift of John and Judy Ambrose