Totsuka: Motomachi Fork (Totsuka, Motomachi betsudô), second version, from the series Fifty-three Stations of the Tôkaidô Road (Tôkaidô gojûsan tsugi no uchi), also known as the First Tôkaidô or Great Tôkaidô
「東海道五十三次之内 戸塚 元町別道」
Ukiyo-e shûka 14 (1981), Hiroshige list, p. 245, horizontal ôban #55.06
Horizontal ôban; 25 x 38.1 cm (9 13/16 x 15 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
No. 06 in the series, second version; published by Hôeidô alone.
First version, with man dismounting from horse: 06.1339, 11.2166, 11.23084, 11.38931, 11.38932, 11.41824, 21.5006, 2009.2411.6
Second version, with man mounting horse: 11.21128, 21.5007, 21.5008
No censor's seal
November 1916, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding at the Metzgar sale (lot #92); December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection