Vase (one of the "Twin Stars of Chelsea")
Object Place: Chelsea, Massachusetts, United States
15.87 x 8.25 x 8.25 cm (6 1/4 x 3 1/4 x 3 1/4 in.)
Medium or Technique
Wheel-thrown stoneware with red-blue reduction glaze and lustrous blue highlights
Lorraine and Alan Bressler Gallery (Gallery 222)
Created and owned by Hugh C. Robertson; displayed at the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair; Lent to MFA by William A. Robertson June 12, 1911 until October 1, 1913; to Eleanor and Paul Hearn, by J. Milton Robertson, grandson of the maker, Hugh Cornwall Robertson, 1964; to MFA, 1965, gift of Eleanor Hearn.
Gift of Miss Eleanor M. Hearn