Findspot: Egypt, Naukratis, Temple of the Dioscuri
Height x width x length: 6 x 6 x 7.6 cm (2 3/8 x 2 3/8 x 3 in.)
Medium or Technique
Not On View
Part of a vessel, yellow fabric, consists of two raised bodies of serpents wrapped around central cylinder, exterior entirely covered with scaly pattern partly incised in dull purple brown.
From Naukratis, Temple of the Dioscuri. 1886-7: excavated by William Matthew Flinders Petrie for the Egypt Exploration Fund, assigned to the EEF by the Egyptian government; December 22, 1887, presented to the MFA by the EEF. (Accession date: 1888).
Egypt Exploration Fund by subscription