Visiting Komagata-dô Temple, from the series Eight Views of the Area of Kinryûzan Temple in Asakusa (Asakusa Kinryûzan hakkei)
Hirano 1939, #0453; Ukiyo-e shûka 2 (1985), list #218.6, and pl. 104
Vertical chûban; 24.8 x 17.8 cm (9 3/4 x 7 in.)
Medium or Technique
Woodblock print (nishiki-e); ink and color on paper
Not On View
MFA impressions: 11.21805 (key block), 21.5602 (color)
Formerly identified as Matsuchiyama Temple, but now considered to represent Komagata-dô.
Spring 1913, purchased by William S. and John T. Spaulding from Frank Lloyd Wright; December 1, 1921, given by William S. and John T. Spaulding to the Museum.
William S. and John T. Spaulding Collection