Join us online for the MFA’s fourth annual ASL Night, a celebration of Deaf culture for members of the Deaf community and friends! Kicking off Deaf History Month, which runs from March 13 to April 15, this free virtual event highlights the art, language, and culture of the community.
The entire program is presented in ASL by Deaf artists, performers, and tour guides with voice interpretation and open captions. Stream here or on the MFA’s Facebook or YouTube channels to watch. Featuring:
- Welcome remarks from Jessica Doonan, the MFA’s manager of Accessibility
- A dance performance from DEAFinitely, Inc, merging ASL, hip-hop, b-boy, and breakdancing
- An art-making activity led by local artist Takiyah Harris
- A tour in ASL with MFA guide Leon Jerfita
- A performance combining magic and art with magician Steve Weiner
Presented in partnership with DEAF, Inc, Boston Children’s Hospital Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program, and Massachusetts State Association of the Deaf (MSAD).
Keep Our Virtual Programs Alive
Your support makes online programming at the MFA possible. We can't do it without you.
ASL with voice interpreter