The Art of Europe department of the Museum of Fine Arts houses one of the preeminent collections of European art in North America, including paintings, sculptures, furniture and decorative arts. The department seeks two volunteer interns who will assist with administrative duties in support of the ongoing work of the department.
Under the supervision of the department coordinator, department interns will have an opportunity to learn first-hand both about museum work and a major collection of European art. Interns will be included in behind-the-scenes museum visits and learning opportunities. Successful candidates will be mature, detail-oriented, adept with technology and administrative tasks, and will have a demonstrated interest in museum work.
Responsibilities vary but will include:
• Photocopy, file, enter data
• Organize curatorial and other records in TMS and other electronic and hard-copy formats
• Correspond with assorted Museum constituents
• Learn about and assist with daily tasks
• Enrollment in and returning to a B.A. program in art history
• Basic knowledge of the history of European art
• Experience working in an office setting
• Demonstrated computer and communication skills
• Ability to commit to a consistent weekday schedule of 15-20 hours per week through mid August
(Please specify your availability in your cover letter)
• Ability to attend orientation on either Tues, May 27 (9:30 am-12 pm) or Tues, June 10 (9:30 am-12 pm)