NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Sponsor: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing: The Sweepstakes begins on August 17, 2018 at 5:00 P.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on August 17, 2018 at 11:00 P.M. ET (“Promotion Period”).
During the Promotion Period, the Sponsor will ask for entrants to post a picture taken during the Sunset Cinema event (“Event”). In order to earn one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes, you must post a picture and use the hashtag “SunsetCinema” to respond to such call to action (hereinafter an “Entry” or “Entries”). Limit of one (1) Entry per person and one (1) person per email address and social media account. Any attempt by you to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of your Entries and you will be disqualified. Entries that are incomplete; generated by software, robotic, programmed, script, macro or other automated system; do not fully comply with these Official Rules, including, without limitation the submission guidelines (“Submission Guidelines”) detailed below; and/or Entries which subvert the Entry process, in the sole discretion of MFA, are prohibited and will result in your disqualification voiding of all of your Entries. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a winning Entry, the “authorized account holder” of the email address used to register the Account that was used to enter the Sweepstakes at the actual time of Entry will be deemed to be the potential winner. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of delivery or Entry. All Entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible. Due to the way Instagram and Twitter operate their services, MFA may not receive Entries from users with “protected” profiles. If you submit your Entry via SMS from a wireless phone, your wireless service provider may charge you for each text message sent. You should consult your wireless service provider regarding its pricing plans. Message and data rates may apply. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Sweepstakes is the official timekeeping device. All Entries become the property of MFA and will not be returned, and MFA will not verify receipt of Entries. Responding to the call to action constitutes your consent to these Official Rules.
All entries must be received by 11:00 P.M. ET on August 17, 2017 to be eligible.
5. Winner: Five (5) potential winners (“Winners”) will be picked at random from among all eligible entries received and announced on or about August 18, 2018. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Prize may not be redeemed for cash or resold. On or about one (1) business day after the Promotion Period ends @mfaboston will notify the Winners via a direct message from the Twitter/Instagram handle to each Winner’s respective Account used to enter the Sweepstakes (note: in order to receive such a direct message, you must (a) be following @mfaboston on Instagram or Twitter and (b) may have to have your account settings set to “unprotected” or “public”.) Upon notification or notification attempt, the prize winners will be required to respond to such direct message, to the email address provided, accepting the prize and providing their physical address (or email address if requested) in which they would like the prize mailed to, within one (1) calendar day of such notification or notification attempt, or the prize may be forfeited (as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor), and an alternate potential prize winner will be selected and notified. Potential Winners are subject to verification by Sponsor. An entrant is not a winner of a prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Winners (and guests) may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within two (2) days of date of issuance. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to make arrangements in the required time period, documents are not returned within specified time period or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the potential winner may forfeit the prize (as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.) Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received.
6. Prize: Five (5) Winners will receive a pair of tickets to any film screened at the MFA during the months of August and September 2017. Total ARV of Prize: $22.00 USD. Unless otherwise indicated herein, all expenses and travel costs including, but not limited to, all transportation, meals, incidental, surcharges, service charge or facility charges, personal charges at hotel, taxes or other expense, are the responsibility of Winners. All elements of all prizes are subject to availability and all tickets are subject to terms and conditions of their issuer(s). Each Winner and their guest must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. Prize elements are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Winner is responsible for reporting and payment of all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize must be used by August 31, 2017. Prize is non-transferable, non-commissionable and may not be combined with any other offer.
7. Release: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Sweepstakes, and (b) to release and hold harmless Sponsors and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, members, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or, for Winner, receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
8. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and their agents to use his/her name, likeness, photograph (including Account profile picture, if applicable), voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any media (now or hereafter known), worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion, and, in such situation, to select the winner from the remaining eligible non-suspect entries received for that prize prior to and/or after such action, or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; and/or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, the Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
11. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) this Sweepstakes and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Suffolk County, Massachusetts; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsors in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
13. Winner List/Official Rules Request: To obtain the name of the Winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Winner List” by August 20, 2017 to: “Sweepstakes”, c/o Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Marketing Department, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.