NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. Sponsor: Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115 (“Sponsor”).
3. Timing: The Contest begins on December 8, 2018 at 12:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on January 23, 2019 at 11:59 P.M. ET (“Promotion Period”).
4. How to Enter: You must have a Facebook or Instagram account (collectively, “Account”) to participate in and enter this Contest. If you do not have an Account, there is no cost to create one at www.facebook.com or www.instagram.com. Please note that you must agree to comply with the respective Terms of Service and Privacy Policies in order to create your account. Once you have such an account, you may log into your Account using your username and password, and then may become a follower of the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Facebook page or @mfaboston Instagram profile. It is free to follow these accounts. You must follow one (1) of these accounts throughout the Promotion Period and for at least thirty (30) days thereafter to participate in the Contest and be eligible to win. You may unfollow the above account(s) after the thirty (30) day notification period has ended.
During the Promotion Period, the Sponsor will ask for submissions of digital images of landscapes inspired by the art of Ansel Adams on its Instagram profile and comments on a contest-related Facebook post. In order to earn one (1) entry into the Contest, you must respond to such call to action (hereinafter an “Entry” or “Entries”) by uploading and sharing an image. Images posted to Instagram must be tagged with the hashtag “#AnselAdamsInOurTime” and those posted to Facebook must be submitted as a “Comment” to the post requesting the call to action in order to be eligible for consideration.
Entries will be judged based on originality, composition, creativity, and overall artistic merit.
Regardless of the method of entry used, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person per day. For purposes of these Official Rules, each day begins at 12:00:01 a.m. EST and ends immediately before the next day begins. Limit one (1) person per email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that entrant’s entries and that entrant will be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification of entrant and voiding of all of entrant’s entries. In the event of a dispute as to who submitted a winning entry, the “authorized account holder” of the email address used to register under either method of entry under §4, as applicable, at the actual time of entry will be deemed to be the potential winner. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Proof of submission of Entry does not constitute proof of delivery or Entry. All Entries must be received during the Promotion Period to be eligible. Due to the way Facebook, Inc. and Instagram, Inc. operate their respective services, the Sponsor may not receive Entries from an Account with “protected” updates. The computer clock of the Webmaster hosting the Contest is the official timekeeping device. All Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned, and the Sponsor will not verify receipt of Entries. Commenting on the above referenced post and/or submitting an image with the aforementioned hashtag constitutes your consent to these Official Rules.
All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. EST on January 23, 2019 to be eligible.
5. Submission Guidelines: Each Entry that is submitted to this Contest must NOT, contain language that, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor:
- Is inappropriate, obscene, hateful, tortious, defamatory, libelous or otherwise objectionable;
- Promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- Violates or infringes a third party’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights;
- Disparages Sponsor or their product(s) or service(s), their competitors or their products or services, or any other person or party affiliated with the Contest;
- Contains company names, product names, brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsors, which entrant has a limited license to use for this Contest;
- Is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to applicable laws or regulations; and/or
- The Sponsor does not wish to associate themselves with, in their sole discretion.
Any comment that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates these Official Rules or the above Submission Guidelines shall be disqualified and/or will be ineligible to win a Prize.
6. Winners: Six (6) potential winners (“Winners”) will be selected all eligible entries received and announced on or about January 30, 2019. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received. Prize may not be redeemed for cash or resold. On or about one (1) business day after the Promotion Period ends Museum of Fine Arts, Boston will notify the Winners via a direct message from its Facebook page or Instagram handle to each Winner’s respective Account used to enter the Contest (note: in order to receive such a direct message, you must (a) be following the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston Facebook page and/or Instagram profile and (b) may have to have your Account settings set to “unprotected” or “public”.) Upon notification or notification attempt, the prize winners will be required to respond to such direct message, to the email address provided, accepting the prize and providing their physical address (or email address if requested) in which they would like the prize mailed to, within one (1) calendar day of such notification or notification attempt, or the prize may be forfeited (as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor), and an alternate potential prize winner will be selected and notified. Potential Winners are subject to verification by Sponsor. An entrant is not a winner of a prize unless and until entrant’s eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Winners (and guests) may be required to execute and return an affidavit of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within two (2) days of date of issuance. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, fails to make arrangements in the required time period, documents are not returned within specified time period or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, then the potential winner may forfeit the prize (as determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.) Potential winner must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor may award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received.
7. Prize: Three (3) Winners (“Winners”) will receive admission to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, an exclusive tour of the exhibition “Ansel Adams in Our Time” with Karen Haas, Lane Curator of Photographs, a one-year individual membership to the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston (or, a gift card of equivalent monetary value if members already), and the MFA Publications Ansel Adams catalogue Total ARV of Prize: $165.00 USD. Unless otherwise indicated herein, all expenses and travel costs including, but not limited to, all transportation, meals, incidental, surcharges, service charge or facility charges, personal charges at hotel, taxes or other expense, are the responsibility of Winners. All elements of all prizes are subject to availability and all tickets are subject to terms and conditions of their issuer(s). Each Winner must comply with all venue rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of such portion of prize. Prize elements are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Each Winner is responsible for reporting and payment of all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Prize is non-transferable, non-commissionable and may not be combined with any other offer.
8. Release: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this Contest, and (b) to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and each of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, members, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or, for Winner, receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and their agents to use his/her name, likeness, photograph (including Account profile picture, if applicable), voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in any media (now or hereafter known), worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
10. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by the Sponsor in their sole discretion, and, in such situation, to select the winner from the remaining eligible non-suspect entries received for that prize prior to and/or after such action, or in such manner as deemed fair and appropriate by the Sponsor in their sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; (e) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; and/or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, the Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.
12. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (a) this Contest and any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located in Suffolk County, Massachusetts; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
14. Winner List/Official Rules Request: To obtain the name of the Winner, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Winner List” by January 6, 2019 to: “Ansel Adams Contest”, c/o Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, Marketing Department, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115. To obtain a copy of these Official Rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped envelope marked “Official Rules” by December 21, 2018 to: “Contest”, c/o Museum of Fine Arts, Intellectual Property Department, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115. Residents of Vermont may omit the return postage on their request.