Under the guidance and supervision of the Marketing Director and the Marketing Managers, the Marketing Coordinator will manage, and in some cases own, a broad range of projects. The Marketing Coordinator will provide diversified administrative and billing assistance, production leadership, and integration of all marketing communications to maximize effectiveness. This position is responsible for providing consistency across all channels, audiences, and vendors. Strong project management skills, organization skills, and ability to effectively communicate to teams at all levels, are requirements. Must have strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office tools. Museum, attraction, or advertising industry background is a plus.
This Marketing Coordinator position is best suited for candidates looking to continue to grow within marketing, working intimately with experienced marketing professionals, in a fast-paced and ever-evolving institution. The coordinator will be exposed to not only the execution and tracking of marketing plans, but also the strategic development of those plans, research, and analysis. This will include the opportunity to connect with teams across the museum, as well as creative and media agency partners.
- Work with marketing team, media buyers, and designers to project, manage and traffic all print, OOH, and digital advertising
- Serve as administrative point person for the marketing team, and follow up on routine inquiries and requests
- Generate and circulate creative project briefs for all ads to clearly communicate specs and goals to all parties involved
- Manage the bi-weekly Creative, Marketing, and Database Marketing team meetings by generating an agenda with the exhibition and program calendar, a summary of all open projects which includes advertising, web, and print projects, and in-gallery media
- With the guidance of a Marketing Manager, maintain team financial reports to track projects (media and production expenditure) and operational expenses for the marketing budgets, and process invoices in an accurate and timely manner for finance
- Support Marketing Director and Marketing Managers on all marketing related activities including assisting in the development and implementation of media plans, gathering statistical data from outside sources, and assist in gathering content for quarterly and campaign wrap-up reports
- Maintain centralized archive of print and digital files for marketing team reference
- Responsible for project management and coordination of content messaging across communication vehicles including on-site, print and web
- Manage exhibition key date timelines so that consistent messaging can be communicated in a timely manner
- Attend creative service weekly production meeting and act as a Marketing representative on all related projects
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field
- Minimum of two to three years of experience with proven track record of strong project management and organization skills; ad traffic and/or billing experience is a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently, as well as with a variety of teams, and effectively handle multiple projects with a constant eye on deadlines and budgets
- Strong working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; knowledge of Basecamp is preferred
For consideration, please submit your cover letter and résumé to: email@example.com. You may also submit your materials via postal mail to: Human Resources Department, Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, 465 Huntington Avenue, Boston, MA 02115.
35 hours per week
Mon–Fri, 9 am–5 pm