Member and Visitor Services Representative
Under the supervision of the Admission Managers, perform duties including: greeting visitors and members, General Admission, Exhibition and Public Program ticket sales, membership sales and renewals, handle phone inquiries and orders, troubleshoot and resolve customer service issues and provide museum-wide information. Position will work at any and all visitor facing locations including outdoors as needed.
- Greet members and visitors cheerfully in person and on the phone providing a warm welcome to all visitors. Answer questions and provide information about the Museum’s programs and exhibitions. Acquire a thorough knowledge of the following areas: membership program and benefits, ticketing and admissions policies; all public program offerings, special events, promotions, and general rules and regulations.
- Perform sales duties including the sale of general admission and special exhibition tickets, memberships, special event and public program tickets at any location paying particular attention to order details and accuracy.
- Validate membership cards and digital tickets for entry at Museum entrances.
- Actively promote membership as part of every transaction. Sign up new and renewing members at any location. Troubleshoot common membership customer service issues including lost cards, contact information updates, upgrades, and automatic renewal requests.
- Handle telephone inquiries and resulting orders in a courteous and professional manner. Provide accurate answers and/or seamless hand off of calls to appropriate department or staff person. Perform outbound calls as necessary to follow up on requests or resolve outstanding questions or orders.
- Welcome and check in all school, community and adult groups, paying particular attention to accuracy of group numbers, adjustments and financial transactions.
- Perform line management inside and outside the building to control capacities in lobbies, and ticketed gallery spaces as needed.
- Acquire proficiency on ticketing and membership database Tessitura.
- Perform other related duties as required or directed.
- The museum reserves the right to change job descriptions.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team.
- Tessitura experience preferred but not required.
- Cash handling experience, ability to learn and apply new technologies.
- Attention to detail.
- Customer Service experience with ability to perform well under pressure preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Able to stand for extended periods of time.
$14.09 per hour
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your application through the Museum's online job board.
The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to building a culturally diverse and inclusive work environment and strongly encourage and welcome an application pool that reflects our commitment.
Varies, 35 hours per week