On Wednesday, September 30, Bravo restaurant hosts an exclusive dinner with Guest Chef Jeremy Sewall, Chef/Owner of Boston’s Row 34 and Island Creek Oyster Bar, as well as Brookline’s Lineage Restaurant.
In partnership with Bravo Executive Chef Brian Flagg, a four-course menu highlights the bounty of early autumn in New England—as well as offerings adapted from Sewall’s recent James Beard Award-nominated cookbook, The New England Kitchen: Fresh Takes on Seasonal Recipes (2014).
The event begins with a reception including a raw bar of oysters and ceviche, complemented by passed hors d’oeuvres. At 7:30 pm, a seated dinner features three courses paired with wine, followed by dessert. Chef Sewall will be on hand to meet with guests throughout the evening and sign copies of The New England Kitchen. Beginning in October, Chef Sewall will create a three-course prix-fixe menu inspired by fall, available through December at the Museum’s Bravo restaurant.
- Island Creek Oysters on the halfshell
- Snapper Ceviche—lime, curry, fresno chile
- Roasted Local Tomato Soup—basil crema
- Lobster Crepe—avocado, smoked salmon caviar
- Tuna Crudo—ginger, radish, cucumber, harissa, crispy taro root
- Seared Native Scallop—corn/barley ragout, carrot, tarragon
- Slow-Roasted Prime Sirloin—horseradish marrow butter, wild mushrooms, 242 fries
- Butterscotch Pudding—chantilly cream, toasted pecans