Free admission for all!
Celebrate the Year of the Rooster with free admission all day long. Explore Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese art and traditions while enjoying activities, demonstrations, and performances throughout the day.
- Enjoy a variety of musical and dance performances throughout the Museum—including Lion dances performed by the Gund Kwok Asian Women Lion and Dragon Dance Troupe.
- Drop in on hands-on family art-making activities to create your own masterpieces to take home—including printmaking and bok jumani.
- Watch exciting presentations of Gong-Fu, Chinese martial arts, and participate in an interactive demonstration of Saebae, a Korean New Year’s ceremony.
- Join an interactive round table discussion to learn about traditions and celebrations of Tet, the Vietnamese New Year, through personal stories, imagery, and language.
- Go on a tour or talk highlighting works of art in the Art of Asia galleries; tours in English, American Sign Language, and Mandarin.
Check back for additional details.
Presented in partnership with Boston Chinatown Neighborhood Center.
Presented in partnership with the Korean Cultural Society of Boston.
Presented in partnership with Vietaid.
Presented in partnership with the Chinese Culture Connection.
This program is supported in part by a grant from the Boston Cultural Council, a local agency which is funded by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, administrated by the Mayor’s Office of Arts and Culture.