Visit the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston, to celebrate Nowruz 2016—the Persian New Year, and welcome the first signs of spring! Learn about Nowruz traditions and explore Persian works of art. Enjoy demonstrations, music, dance, art and more throughout the day.
- Hear Kayhan Kalhor, internationally-acclaimed virtuoso on the kamancheh (Persian spiked fiddle), perform in Remis Auditorium.
- Experience the beauty of the diverse cultures of Iran through Persian classical and folk dance with performances by the Iranian Dance Artists (IDA) and Aftab Dance Group.
- Explore the Museum’s collection of ancient Near Eastern art and discover Islamic Highlights on a tour or a talk.
- View a Haft Seen display—a key element in Nowruz celebrations.
- Listen to a melodious musical performance of Persian love poetry through classical and folk songs with a touch of jazz by the Sheez Ensemble.
- Be inspired to create your own masterpieces and drop in on an array of art-making activities the whole family will enjoy.
All events are free with Museum admission.
See the full schedule of events.
Above: Photo by Helene Norton-Russell Photography
Generously supported by Azi Djazani.