The Museum of Fine Arts, Boston is excited to launch the STEAM Team, a new paid summer fellowship for Boston teens that builds upon the STEAM education platform (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math). This pioneering pre-college program will offer a unique opportunity for teens to interact with staff mentors; professionals across the Museum who are experts in each of the STEAM disciplines. Over a 6-week period, STEAM Team fellows will dive into hands-on experiential learning activities and projects to build on workforce development skills while also learning about a range of academic and professional options in the STEAM fields. Participants will also visit other museums, local businesses and influential organizations in the region to further learn about STEAM opportunities.
The STEAM Team will:
- Prepare for success in further academic study in the STEAM disciplines
- Provide job training and workforce development skills
- Cultivate confidence, interpersonal skills, and emotional intelligence
- Focus on leadership, teamwork and public presentation skills
- Create a two-way learning opportunity for Fellows and Museum mentors to share insights on the STEAM disciplines
We are currently accepting applications for Summer 2018. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. The application deadline has been extended through May 14, 2018.