If you or a guest are unwell on the day of your visit or are quarantined due to exposure to COVID-19, we ask that you stay home and contact the MFA at email@example.com or 1-800-440-6975 for assistance with rescheduling your visit.
General Ticketing Information
All visitors to the Museum, regardless of age, require a ticket. All ticket sales are final. Tickets may not be refunded or exchanged, are nontransferable, nor may they be resold. All prices, venues, dates, and times are subject to change.
There are no fees for orders placed online. A $6 per-order processing fee applies to all phone orders. Some purchases may be subject to additional fees.
For updates on cancellations and closings, check mfa.org or call 617-267-9300.
All full price and member tickets are available for purchase or reservation in advance online, by phone, or in person (pending exhibition availability). For information about free and discounted admission, please see the Special Offers section in Tickets.
Special exhibition entry time slots are 30 minutes; visitors must enter the exhibition within that 30-minute window. Once inside the gallery, visitors may stay as long as they like. No re-entry into a special exhibition.
Maximum ticket quantity per order of 9.
General Admission tickets do not include access to ticketed special exhibitions. They do include access to all other Museum galleries open to the public. To plan ahead, visit Gallery Updates to see what is on view at the time of your visit.
Special Exhibitions Admission
In order to visit a special exhibition, tickets must be reserved in advance for that exhibition. Ticket availability is limited due to capacity and blocks of tickets are released on a monthly basis, a few days before the start of each month.
Exchanges and Returns
Tickets are non-refundable, but may be exchanged prior to the visit date. Please contact us in advance of your visit date by calling 1-800-440-6975 to exchange for another date for a $4 fee. Unused timed-entry exhibition tickets are forfeit and may not be exchanged after the fact.
- For timed-entry special exhibition or other paid tickets, contact us in advance of your visit date by calling 1-800-440-6975 to exchange your tickets for another date. Tickets are non-refundable, but can be exchanged prior to the visit date. A $4 exchange fee applies.
- If you do not arrive for the special exhibition at your ticketed time, you will forfeit your limited free exhibition ticket(s).
- Tickets are non-refundable, but can be exchanged prior to the visit date. Contact us in advance of your visit date by calling 1-800-440-6975 to exchange your tickets for another date. A $4 exchange fee applies to any exchanges.
Refunds apply to:
- Purchased tickets to MFA events through August 31, 2020 (reimbursement).
- Purchased multi-day course or studio art classes through August 31, 2020. (Customers will be reimbursed for unused portion of the course or class.)
They do not apply to ticket holders of complimentary tickets to member events and other free, ticketed events.
Online Classes: tickets for online classes are only available for purchase in advance through the website and are non-refundable and nontransferable.
In-Person Classes: tickets for in-person classes are only available for purchase in advance through the website or by phone, and are non-refundable and nontransferable.
No ticket sales in-person or by e-mail.
We do not offer make-up classes for students who need to miss a class.
For information and questions regarding class tickets, contact the individual programs.